Sr. Commercial Account Manager - Austin
JOB TITLE: Senior Commercial Account Manager
JOB TYPE: FLSA Exempt
REPORTS TO: Austin Head of Office
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversee and direct the Client Insurance Program for assigned accounts, utilizing agency management system. Generally manages larger and more complex accounts. Involved in high-level conversations with accounts and vendors with or without the Producer’s involvement. An experienced professional with a strong track record. Duties include those that are done directly (higher level) or accomplished through other resources (i.e. assigned Analysts or external resources) and not limited to:
- Acts as a primary point of contact with the Producer
- Initiate correspondence with the marketplace
- Function as a principal contact with vendors to ensure proper processing of requests necessary to effectively maintain the client’s insurance program
- Maintain positive client relationship and have mastered the ability to analyze situations, make proactive decisions and direct appropriate resources as needed. Demonstrate a strong consultative ability to instruct and provide strong guidance to the client, achieving a high-level of trust.
- Manage upcoming deadlines and events, informing and updating the Producer, as needed.
- Manage Accounts Receivables
- Manage Direct Billing with respect to Cancellations
- Responsible for ensuring the following are accomplished (via delegation to Analysts or external resources):
- Create Acord applications, including Supplementals, as needed, for submissions to Marketing Department and/or carriers.
- Create and complete COPE spreadsheets, as needed.
- Prepare Loss Summaries
- Prepare proposals for renewal terms
- Issue Acord Insurance Binders for renewal terms
- Initiate Premium Finance Requests are
- Prepare Schedules of Insurance for delivery to client
- Prepare policies for delivery to client
- Process Policy Audits and Monthly Reports
- Identify and resolve Accounting discrepancies
- Create requests for changes to client’s coverages
- Process mail and phone requests on daily basis
- Prepare Acord applications
- Prepare documents for renewal terms, including Insurance Proposals, Acord Insurance Binders and Certificates of Insurance
- Adhere to document retention software documentation guidelines
- Oversee quality check and control on insurance policies in their entirety
- Proactively make recommendations for additional products/services as well as expanding broker/consultant services as appropriate to meet client needs
Function as team member and team lead of the Client Services team to ensure superior service to all MMA Clients. These activities include but are not limited to:
- Delegate and manage tasks given to the Account Manager or Analyst, as well as outsourcing teams, as appropriate.
- Ensure tasks from both Account Team and outsourcing team are completed as directed
- Manage the performance of the Account Team to ensure Analyst is performing all tasks as outlined in the various Job Descriptions
- Provide direction and guidance to other members when appropriate
- Treat clients, prospects, and company employees with courtesy and respect.
- Build a team culture toward meeting goals and providing excellent client service
- Direct and monitor usage and quality of outsourcing teams
- Seen as a leader, role model with a demonstrated track record mentoring Analysts and even some Account Managers, support their training and as a part of their training and development
- Proactively builds and maintains vendor relationships
- Negotiate with carriers on cost and program design, utilizing advanced technics based on proven track record
- Provides consultation and plan recommendations for the client
- Coordinate, Present and Attend Client Meetings including though not limited to:
- Provide leadership in Mid-year and Renewal Meetings, ensuring the success of meetings and visits (MINIMUM OF 12 visits per year with demonstrated meeting purpose (i.e., pre or post renewal meeting, claims/safety/loss control meeting, gathering information, delivering policies, collecting payments ….etc.), often without the Producer
Demonstrate the technical expertise to assist in maintaining the Client Insurance Program. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Ability to provide advanced analysis of insurance quotes and make recommendations
- Strong comprehension and ability to interpret Insurance Contract requirements for Certificates
- Confident and ability to effectively communicate with insurance carriers as needed
- Confident and ability to effectively communicate with clients as needed
- Self-directed and client-facing
- Up to date on carrier plans and websites.
- Expert using premium analysis software.
- Utilize carrier online rating programs as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of policy forms and endorsements with ability to explain detailed coverage provisions to the client and Analyst
- Design simple or complex insurance programs, specifically designed for client based on defined needs
- Utilize agency management system to monitor pre-defined activities (policies past expiration, aged A/R, SIC codes, etc.)
- Proactively identify and address any coverage gaps with producer, carrier and client
- Seen by peers and team as a true subject matter expert and resource in area of interest or technical capability.
- Licensed: Texas P&C Agent
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- At least 15 years of Commercial Account Manager experience
- At least 3 years of experience performing as a team lead or manager
- CIC & CRM, or CPCU required
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed objectives through effective delegation and account management
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Willingness to work to meet client needs beyond scheduled hours.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and current internet technologies.
- Demonstrate track record of interacting with, meeting with and partnering with assigned clients to achieve mutually desired outcomes via routine client contact by phone, e-mail and periodic meetings and planning sessions
- Demonstrated experience in client facing roles, i.e., primary presenter of Client new business presentations and renewal presentations, strategy meetings, claims reviews, mid-year reviews, etc.
- Strong communication skills and ability to speak professionally and comfortably in front of others
- Willingness to work to meet client needs beyond scheduled hours by watching e-mail activity and answering important e-mails and calls after hours and on weekends, when necessary
- Maintain and exhibit a positive, professional attitude in the performance of your job, treat clients, prospects, and agency employees with courtesy and respect, ability to maintain composure at all times, conform to the organizational chart on all personnel matters and contribute to a company team approach toward meeting agency goals and providing excellent client services.
- Represent the agency in a competent, professional manner, appropriate business attire for all client events or meetings unless otherwise advised by the client.
- Ability to travel to meet client service needs when necessary
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.