Commercial Account Manager - Dallas
JOB TITLE: Commercial Account Manager
JOB TYPE: FLSA Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Client Services – Business Insurance/Property & Casualty
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage the Client Insurance Program, utilizing agency management system. As a matter of routine, manages larger and more complex accounts than the SBU Account Manager. Duties include those that are done directly (higher level) or accomplished through other resources (i.e. assigned Analysts or external resources) and not limited to:
- A point of contact with the Producer
- Initiate correspondence with the marketplace
- Act as a contact with vendors to ensure proper processing of requests necessary to effectively maintain the client’s insurance program
- Maintain positive client relationship and have the ability to analyze situations, make reasonable decisions and follow-through.
- Begin to demonstrate a consultative ability to instruct and guide the client
- Manage upcoming deadlines and events (perhaps under direction of Sr. Account Executive, Sr. Account Manager, or Producer), informing and updating the Producer, as needed.
- Manage Accounts Receivables
- Manage Direct Billing with respect to Cancellations
- Responsible for ensuring the following are accomplished (via delegation to Analysts or external resources):
- Create Acord applications, including Supplementals, as needed, for submissions to Marketing Department and/or carriers.
- Create and complete COPE spreadsheets, as needed.
- Prepare Loss Summaries
- Prepare proposals for renewal terms
- Issue Acord Insurance Binders for renewal terms
- Initiate Premium Finance Requests are
- Prepare Schedules of Insurance for delivery to client
- Prepare policies for delivery to client
- Process Policy Audits and Monthly Reports
- Identify and resolve Accounting discrepancies
- Create requests for changes to client’s coverages
- Process mail and phone requests on daily basis
- Prepare Acord applications
- Prepare documents for renewal terms, including Insurance Proposals, Acord Insurance Binders and Certificates of Insurance
- Adhere to document retention software documentation guidelines
- Perform Quality check and control on insurance policies in their entirety
- In absence of more senior team members, provide direction and guidance to other members when appropriate
Function as team member of the Client Services team to ensure superior service to all MMA Clients. These activities include but are not limited to:
- Delegate tasks to Analyst, as well as outsourcing teams, as appropriate.
- Ensure tasks from both Analyst and outsourcing team are completed as directed
- Ensure Analyst is performing all tasks as outlined in the MMA Analyst I or Analyst II Job Description
- Treat clients, prospects, and company employees with courtesy and respect.
- Contribute to a team approach toward meeting goals and providing excellent client service.
- Coordinate and monitor usage and quality of outsourcing teams
- Support the training and growth of the Analyst, being a part of their training and development
Demonstrate the technical expertise to assist in maintaining the Client Insurance Program. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyze insurance quotes and make recommendations
- Comprehend and interpret Insurance Contract requirements for Certificates
- Communicate with insurance carriers as needed
- Communicate with clients as needed
- Client facing meeting as required, either in-house or offsite
- Become proficient using premium analysis software.
- Utilize carrier online rating programs as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of policy forms and endorsements with ability to explain detailed coverage provisions to the client and Analyst
- Design insurance program for client based on defined needs
- Utilize agency management system to monitor pre-defined activities (policies past expiration, aged A/R, SIC codes, etc.)
- Identify and address any coverage gaps with producer, carrier and client
- Begin to become subject matter expert and resource in area of interest or technical capability.
- Licensed: Texas P&C Agent
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- (Internal) 18-36 months of SBU Account Manager experience
- (External) Minimum of 5-7 years of midmarket Commercial Account Manager experience
- Completion of CIC and CRM required
- If no designation, then 7-10 years of experience as an Account Manager
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Willingness to work to meet client needs beyond scheduled hours.
- Proficient at Word, Excel, and current internet technologies.
- Demonstrate proactive work style - Does not have to be asked or reminded of tasks.
- Ability to learn, analyze and comprehend commercial lines of insurance.
- Demonstrate ability to service clients effectively through problem solving, appropriate confidentiality, diplomacy, sensitivity and tactfulness
- Demonstrate track record of interacting with, meeting with and partnering with assigned clients to achieve mutually desired outcomes via routine client contact by phone, e-mail and periodic meetings and planning sessions.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.